Beta Ideas Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beta Ideas Forum

A place to discuss your ideas whether your interest is games, books or movies

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» Joke Thread
Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 8:46 am by Fury945

» The Gold Dragon Inn
Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 8:33 am by Fury945

» Dice rolling added: character sheet rolls here if you wish to submit them
Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 6:12 pm by Fury945

» Say Hi to a Lan Party
Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 11:34 am by Fury945

» BOOM! And suddenly...!
Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 11:29 am by Fury945

» Nexus: a story about the Elvanri
Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:36 am by Fury945

» [English] Walking the Streets
Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:21 am by Fury945

» [English] Cinematic Angles
Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:46 pm by GaffaTapeMan

» Original Sins
Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:47 am by Fury945

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Nexus: a story about the Elvanri

Go down 
2 posters

Should Fury be able to fly a ship again
Not able.
Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Vote_lcap0%Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Able.
Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Vote_lcap0%Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Able but not as good as before.
Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Vote_lcap100%Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
Don't care.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Fury945
Super Admin
Super Admin
Fury945

Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Empty
PostSubject: Nexus: a story about the Elvanri   Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:12 am

it's not exactly an Idea more of a story in progess, Just so everyone knows you are allowed to post WIPs up here as well. By the way don't plagerise my work
Attachments
Nexus: a story about the Elvanri AttachmentNexus.doc
(36 Kb) Downloaded 369 times

Last edited by Fury945 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://beta-ideas.forumotion.com
Fury945
Super Admin
Super Admin
Fury945

PostSubject: Re: Nexus: a story about the Elvanri   Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:06 am

uh did I mention it would be nice to have some feedback?

sorry if it's boring but I have only just started to restart it.
Back to top Go down
GaffaTapeMan
GaffaTapeMan

PostSubject: Re: Nexus: a story about the Elvanri   Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:57 am

If it's feedback you want, then feedback you'll get!

First off; Grammar. This is really annoying, and makes it incredibly hard to read. You really need to remember to put grammar in, especially full stops and commas. Also, when someone says something, it needs to be a new sentence on a new line. Some words seemed a bit... weird, I guess, like they didn't fit. But there was some nice uses of some words.

Second; Story. The story was... different, kind of. I fully understood they were flash backs, but it was kinda hard to imagine them as flash backs, and some of them seemed a little rushed, while other parts seemed to be expanded too much, kind of like you expanded the parts which should have been shortened, and shortened the parts that should have been expanded. From what I understood of the story going on, it seemed fairly decent.

When you continue it, I really hope that you'll include some kind of monologue or something to expand on the story more, so we know more about what is going on.

So basically, the only thing to really fix is the grammar, and change a few things which just sound a bit odd, and maybe try to make some parts longer. Oh, and maybe see if you can think of some way to really exaggerate that they are flash backs. And I wasn't really sure if at the end there whether the flashbacks had actually stopped or not.

This isn't a review btw, just a lot of information Razz

But I'm still going to finish it like a review; Overall, it was good. I'd say you have a solid base (maybe still needing a few tweaks though) to start on, as it raises questions which you may want to answer soon, or leave longer.

I hope you take my advice well and make this story even greater! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fury945
Super Admin
Super Admin
Fury945

PostSubject: Re: Nexus: a story about the Elvanri   Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 8:32 am

I knew there'd be a problem with the grammar, I am bad with that plus Word telling you everything you say is wrong when you get it right isn't helpful.

Full stops and commas are punctaution not grammar by the way, grammar is the correct use of words like "I did my work" not "I done my work" (this is the one I always get wrong).

As for the flashbacks they are supposed to be that way there are some sections of the story that have not been told for a reason,
Spoiler:
all will be revealed (eventually).

I will try to fix the punctuation problems you picked up on and perhaps look and see if any of the words I used were truly out of place. farao Cool
Back to top Go down
GaffaTapeMan
GaffaTapeMan

PostSubject: Re: Nexus: a story about the Elvanri   Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 8:36 am

Ahaha, I just call full stops and commas grammar for some reason, I find it easier to think of them all under grammar Razz

Before you post it, maybe just read through it a couple of times making sure everything sounds right, that's what I'd do. (But you probably did do that anyway)

Some of the words might have just been me not used to reading/hearing them anyway, as I don't really read that much Razz
Back to top Go down
Fury945
Super Admin
Super Admin
Fury945

PostSubject: Re: Nexus: a story about the Elvanri   Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 8:42 am

I understand, I told you I was expecting someone to catch up on my punctuation. You should see how many marks I have lost in year 7-now because of punctuation and grammar, I'd probably be stage 15 in english if I had managed to fix them all before handing in my work
Back to top Go down
GaffaTapeMan
GaffaTapeMan

PostSubject: Re: Nexus: a story about the Elvanri   Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 8:48 am

I can understand that. I see people getting told to check out their punctuation all the time, I guess I've just gotten used to using punctuation.

I'm trying to upload a story I've been writing, but it still doesn't seem to be working. Should I save it in wordpad and try uploading it in that format?
Back to top Go down
Fury945
Super Admin
Super Admin
Fury945

PostSubject: Re: Nexus: a story about the Elvanri   Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 8:53 am

GaffaTapeMan wrote:
I can understand that. I see people getting told to check out their punctuation all the time, I guess I've just gotten used to using punctuation.

I'm trying to upload a story I've been writing, but it still doesn't seem to be working. Should I save it in wordpad and try uploading it in that format?

I don't understand why it's not working you said it was 19.2kb right, so it's not too big, attachments are enabled so that isn't the problem.

how about you create the topic you were going to post it in, email the story to me and I'll see if I can upload it?

I can edit any post, just so you know
Back to top Go down
Fury945
Super Admin
Super Admin
Fury945

PostSubject: Re: Nexus: a story about the Elvanri   Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:33 am

A Small WIP ship from the story

Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Swords11

Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Swords12

check my photo album for the full size pic

:Post Edit:

Final update my brief moment of inspiration

The Swordship (Finished)

Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Swords10
Back to top Go down
Fury945
Super Admin
Super Admin
Fury945

PostSubject: Re: Nexus: a story about the Elvanri   Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:36 am

I may upload an update soon. My story is a little further along, I also have a related short story that I may upload.
farao king jocolor Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nexus: a story about the Elvanri   Nexus: a story about the Elvanri Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nexus: a story about the Elvanri
Page 1 of 1