Beta Ideas Forum

A place to discuss your ideas whether your interest is games, books or movies
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Adventure Story Time!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GaffaTapeMan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2011-10-05
Age : 22

PostSubject: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:41 am

This is going to be an adventure story, which you participate in! I will type some about a paragraph (depending on what's happening in the story) and you have to choose what's happening next! So basically, you're post should be just saying what you do next.

You awake suddenly at the sound of cicadas chirping, and the smell of the morning dew on the grass. You stand up and look at your surroundings; a medium-sized island in the center of a giant lake. On the island is a couple of trees, and a small hut. You look out to the lake, and see a Jetty with a speed boat. You approach the speed boat to check it out, and you find it has only a small amount of fuel. Looking out further, you see a small island. The speed boat would be able to get you to the island, but you doubt there would be enough fuel to get back. You suddenly look back at the trees, after you think you heard something.

*Time to choose*

_________________
Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.

-GaffaTapeMan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CyberFragger
Resident Imp
Resident Imp
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 21
Location : Behind you, watching you read this.

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:50 am

--Gather more information about the island first, and then decide if you should still take the journey over.

_________________
Spoiler:
 


I CAN HAS MILK? --Words of Wisdom

MAC FLEBB IS FAT! --Words of the not so Obvious.

THERE'S AN ADVENTURE... IN MY PANTS. --Words of the Dirty Minded.

CyberFragger has the sniper! --Words of Dooms.

-- CyberFragger
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Cyberfragger.webs.com
GaffaTapeMan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2011-10-05
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:53 am

CyberFragger wrote:
--Gather more information about the island first, and then decide if you should still take the journey over.

You head back to the centre of the island and have a good look around. You decide to set up a make-shift compass. Over to the North is where the Speed Boat and the other island is. Towards the South are the trees which you heard sound coming from. To the east is the Cabin, and the West is an area that looks similar to a swamp, with large blades of grass, and murky, dark-green looking flowers arise from.

*Choose which way to go*

_________________
Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.

-GaffaTapeMan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CyberFragger
Resident Imp
Resident Imp
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 21
Location : Behind you, watching you read this.

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:58 am

East, to the cabin. Maybe you will find some binoculars for further investigation towards the island?

_________________
Spoiler:
 


I CAN HAS MILK? --Words of Wisdom

MAC FLEBB IS FAT! --Words of the not so Obvious.

THERE'S AN ADVENTURE... IN MY PANTS. --Words of the Dirty Minded.

CyberFragger has the sniper! --Words of Dooms.

-- CyberFragger
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Cyberfragger.webs.com
GaffaTapeMan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2011-10-05
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:04 am

CyberFragger wrote:
East, to the cabin. Maybe you will find some binoculars for further investigation towards the island?

You head towards the Cabin, and notice it to be made completely of wood, but is surprisingly undamaged by weather, making you think it could possibly have been made a short while away. You approach the door, and grab the handle. Slowly, you begin turning it. To your surprise, the door is unlocked, but very stiff and hard to open. After pulling hard on the door, you wonder why the door is so stiff, seemingly from rain, while the exterior is completely fine. But you only think for a second, for inside you see a table, with two seats around it, and a knife in the middle of the table. You look around the cabin, and see there are no rooms branching off, leaving only this main room. You quickly notice a burning fire, still smelling like fresh wood. You also see a small candle sitting on a mantle-piece. You also notice a small stick-like thing next to the fire, and a closer look reveals that it is attached to the ground, but could be used like a lever.

*Choose what to interact with. Note: You can choose to interact with more than a single thing, or simply even leave the cabin*

_________________
Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.

-GaffaTapeMan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CyberFragger
Resident Imp
Resident Imp
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 21
Location : Behind you, watching you read this.

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:10 am

-- Make an attempt to interact with the stick-like thing.

_________________
Spoiler:
 


I CAN HAS MILK? --Words of Wisdom

MAC FLEBB IS FAT! --Words of the not so Obvious.

THERE'S AN ADVENTURE... IN MY PANTS. --Words of the Dirty Minded.

CyberFragger has the sniper! --Words of Dooms.

-- CyberFragger
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Cyberfragger.webs.com
GaffaTapeMan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2011-10-05
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:16 am

CyberFragger wrote:
-- Make an attempt to interact with the stick-like thing.

You grab the stick-like thing and pull it... It doesn't seem to budge, so you try again... Still nothing. You decide trying to push it the other way. With success, the stick-lever is easily pushed back, and the back wall opens up, and you let go of the stick-lever. But as soon as you let go, the stick-lever swings back to position, and the wall closes again. You push the stick-lever back again, and watch the wall open. You let go, and watch the wall close as the stick-lever strikes back into it's first position. You think you may have a chance of getting under the wall before it finishes closing, but you are not entirely sure if it's safe to do.

*Choose what you'll do now. NOTE: From now on I am going to add chances where you can die, as well as Checkpoints.*

*CHECKPOINT*

_________________
Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.

-GaffaTapeMan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fury945
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-10-04
Age : 22
Location : Most likely at home sleeping

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:17 am

did you get this out of a book? or is it original, because if it is original it's good

_________________
Beware of the mighty Banhammer of doom.
Gold is shiny, I like shiny.
Halo is cool, Skyrim is cooler
Spoiler:
 

Resident Fallen Ranger




Back to top Go down
View user profile http://beta-ideas.forumotion.com
CyberFragger
Resident Imp
Resident Imp
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 21
Location : Behind you, watching you read this.

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:22 am

It's purely original. Gaffa's making this up on the spot, I'm merely providing the choices to take. You can make choices too, if you want Fury. Gaffa will choose one of them to follow on with. You have 10 minutes to make a choice, before Gaffa chooses and continues on.

-- Risking death over a wall is plain stupid. Look for an object in the room, and attempt to wedge it in the lever's path, hopefully keeping the wall held up long enough for you to get through.

_________________
Spoiler:
 


I CAN HAS MILK? --Words of Wisdom

MAC FLEBB IS FAT! --Words of the not so Obvious.

THERE'S AN ADVENTURE... IN MY PANTS. --Words of the Dirty Minded.

CyberFragger has the sniper! --Words of Dooms.

-- CyberFragger
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Cyberfragger.webs.com
Fury945
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-10-04
Age : 22
Location : Most likely at home sleeping

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:25 am

I agree with Cyberfragger.

(on the side note I am glad I put in a quick reply bar down the bottom).

_________________
Beware of the mighty Banhammer of doom.
Gold is shiny, I like shiny.
Halo is cool, Skyrim is cooler
Spoiler:
 

Resident Fallen Ranger




Back to top Go down
View user profile http://beta-ideas.forumotion.com
GaffaTapeMan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2011-10-05
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:31 am

CyberFragger wrote:
-- Risking death over a wall is plain stupid. Look for an object in the room, and attempt to wedge it in the lever's path, hopefully keeping the wall held up long enough for you to get through.

You look around the room, but don't see anything you missed before, leaving only the knife and the candle. You decide to see if there's anything outside. You exit the cabin and look around the vicinity. You find a thick branch on the ground, but it doesn't look too strong. You also find a hole in the ground, with a pile of dirt next to it, and make a mental note of it in your head. The only things you could find to wedge the lever open was the knife, the candle and the branch.

*Choose what to use to jam the lever open.*

_________________
Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.

-GaffaTapeMan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CyberFragger
Resident Imp
Resident Imp
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 21
Location : Behind you, watching you read this.

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:34 am

-- If the candle is metallic, the candle. Otherwise, the branch.

_________________
Spoiler:
 


I CAN HAS MILK? --Words of Wisdom

MAC FLEBB IS FAT! --Words of the not so Obvious.

THERE'S AN ADVENTURE... IN MY PANTS. --Words of the Dirty Minded.

CyberFragger has the sniper! --Words of Dooms.

-- CyberFragger
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Cyberfragger.webs.com
Fury945
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-10-04
Age : 22
Location : Most likely at home sleeping

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:35 am

does the stick look like a Y? because if it does that'd be the way to go cheers Basketball

_________________
Beware of the mighty Banhammer of doom.
Gold is shiny, I like shiny.
Halo is cool, Skyrim is cooler
Spoiler:
 

Resident Fallen Ranger




Back to top Go down
View user profile http://beta-ideas.forumotion.com
GaffaTapeMan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2011-10-05
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:45 am

Fury945 wrote:
does the stick look like a Y? because if it does that'd be the way to go cheers Basketball

You grab the branch, and head back into the cabin. You push the lever back, and jam the stick down into the opening at the bottom of the lever, jamming it still. You let go, and wait a few moments to make sure the wall doesn't close, and start walking over to the wall, but suddenly... The branch snaps! The sound seems to echo through out your head, but you don't let it distract you, as you quickly duck and roll under the coming-down wall. You make it just in time, but you don't move your hand quick enough, and the wall comes down on your fingers. You move your hand out from under the wall before they are crushed, and luckily they are only bruised and sore. You probably won't be able to use your right hand for a while, but at least it's not broken. You look around the room, and see the most disgusting thing you have ever seen. Lying in the middle of the room is a dead body, which looks as if something has been eating at it. You look away to the right, but then see the carcass of a dead animal, possibly a wolf, with a knife stuck into it's chest. The wolf is obviously long dead, but you are unsure whether you could handle getting the knife out of it's chest. You decide to have a quick look around the room, and the first thing you see is a hole, big enough for someone your size to squeeze through, which seems to have been recently dug. There also seems to be a small trail of blood. You look up, and back over at the person, and notice an open window which you could easily climb out of. You head back to the dead animal, but are still unsure if you could handle pulling the knife out.

*Time to choose what to do, and where to go*

*CHECKPOINT*

_________________
Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.

-GaffaTapeMan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CyberFragger
Resident Imp
Resident Imp
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 21
Location : Behind you, watching you read this.

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:47 am

-- Pull the knife out, and make your way through the tunnel.

_________________
Spoiler:
 


I CAN HAS MILK? --Words of Wisdom

MAC FLEBB IS FAT! --Words of the not so Obvious.

THERE'S AN ADVENTURE... IN MY PANTS. --Words of the Dirty Minded.

CyberFragger has the sniper! --Words of Dooms.

-- CyberFragger
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Cyberfragger.webs.com
Fury945
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-10-04
Age : 22
Location : Most likely at home sleeping

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:52 am

CyberFragger wrote:
-- Pull the knife out, and make your way through the tunnel.

I think he's right but I'd perhaps look around a little first being curious and all

_________________
Beware of the mighty Banhammer of doom.
Gold is shiny, I like shiny.
Halo is cool, Skyrim is cooler
Spoiler:
 

Resident Fallen Ranger




Back to top Go down
View user profile http://beta-ideas.forumotion.com
GaffaTapeMan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2011-10-05
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Fury945 wrote:
CyberFragger wrote:
-- Pull the knife out, and make your way through the tunnel.

I think he's right but I'd perhaps look around a little first being curious and all

You decide you will pull the knife out, but first you have another look around the room. You walk to the window, and see that if you jumped outside you probably would have broken your legs from the fall. You turn around, and look back at the dead body, and see something shiny around his feet. You approach slowly, stomaching your disgust, and see money. You pocket the money, and decide that there is nothing else to look for in the room. You go and grab the knife out of the dead animal. As you slowly pull on it, blood begins oozing out of the wound. You put your hand to your mouth, and swallow down some vomit, while stomaching the rest. You decide to quickly just rip out the knife, as you grab the handle firmly. *SLIP!* The knife comes out, and a small puddle of blood forms around the dead animal. You quickly rush to the tunnel, to get away from the dead animal, and head down it. After crawling through it for a while, you come to a cross-roads, with three different directions. To the left is a path which seems to twist around, but is badly dug, forwards seems to be the most well dug, but the right path seems to have parts of metal ground scattered throughout.

*Choose which way to go*

_________________
Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.

-GaffaTapeMan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fury945
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-10-04
Age : 22
Location : Most likely at home sleeping

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:11 pm

some would say Probably down the cleanest path but perhaps the one that looks badly dug jocolor

_________________
Beware of the mighty Banhammer of doom.
Gold is shiny, I like shiny.
Halo is cool, Skyrim is cooler
Spoiler:
 

Resident Fallen Ranger




Back to top Go down
View user profile http://beta-ideas.forumotion.com
GaffaTapeMan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2011-10-05
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:24 pm

Fury945 wrote:
some would say Probably down the cleanest path but perhaps the one that looks badly dug jocolor

You decide to check the badly dug one. You turn left and around the corner, and start crawling down a long path. Eventually you make it to a dead end, but in the wall is a shiny purple stone. You instinctively grab the stone, and the wall slightly crumbles. Suddenly, the ground starts shaking as you hear a moving sound from above you. The sound and shaking quickly die out, and you think that a new path may have opened up back at the cabin. But you still haven't checked the other paths.

*Time to choose where to go.*

_________________
Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.

-GaffaTapeMan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fury945
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-10-04
Age : 22
Location : Most likely at home sleeping

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:26 pm

so back the way we came and through one of the two other tunnels or did one open up in front of us?

_________________
Beware of the mighty Banhammer of doom.
Gold is shiny, I like shiny.
Halo is cool, Skyrim is cooler
Spoiler:
 

Resident Fallen Ranger




Back to top Go down
View user profile http://beta-ideas.forumotion.com
GaffaTapeMan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2011-10-05
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:30 pm

Back through the tunnel and back at the cabin where the underground path started is where the sound was coming from

_________________
Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.

-GaffaTapeMan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fury945
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-10-04
Age : 22
Location : Most likely at home sleeping

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:36 pm

ok go back there,

_________________
Beware of the mighty Banhammer of doom.
Gold is shiny, I like shiny.
Halo is cool, Skyrim is cooler
Spoiler:
 

Resident Fallen Ranger




Back to top Go down
View user profile http://beta-ideas.forumotion.com
GaffaTapeMan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2011-10-05
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:40 pm

You head back through the tunnel, and go back to the cabin. After coming out of the tunnel, you see the wall is open, and there is a man standing there. You instinctively move your hand to the knife at your side, while you get into a stare-off with the man. Suddenly, the man raises his hands, saying; "Sorry for the scare, I didn't think I'd find someone else here. I thought I might have been seeing things again." The man sighs, but it seems forced. You are unsure if you should attack or not.

*Decide what to do about the man*

_________________
Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.

-GaffaTapeMan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fury945
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-10-04
Age : 22
Location : Most likely at home sleeping

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:54 pm

a. ask him who and why he's there while slowly drawing the knife

B. run as fast as I can in the opposite direction



Just do A.

_________________
Beware of the mighty Banhammer of doom.
Gold is shiny, I like shiny.
Halo is cool, Skyrim is cooler
Spoiler:
 

Resident Fallen Ranger




Back to top Go down
View user profile http://beta-ideas.forumotion.com
GaffaTapeMan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2011-10-05
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Fury945 wrote:
a. ask him why he's there while slowly drawing the knife

You begin to slowly draw your knife, without drawing attention to it. "Who are you?" You ask. "My name's Steve. We've been on this island for the past week." He answers. "We?" You ask. "Yeah. Me and a couple of friends. We were in a ship wreck, and got washed up in the shore. I lost them though. I think they might be on the other island though." You decide to trust him for now, as his words seem honest. "There was a speed boat." You say. "They took it." He answers. Which means they were there after you. "Outside, then. Let's go." You demand, and Steve turns around and begins walking out. You start following, when you notice he has a gun in a holster. And his hand quickly goes to it, and he whips it out and around at you. "But first, you'll come with me!" He demands.

*Okay, I'm gonna take a break from this now.*

_________________
Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.

-GaffaTapeMan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fury945
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-10-04
Age : 22
Location : Most likely at home sleeping

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:19 am

I guess it's fight or flight time

_________________
Beware of the mighty Banhammer of doom.
Gold is shiny, I like shiny.
Halo is cool, Skyrim is cooler
Spoiler:
 

Resident Fallen Ranger




Back to top Go down
View user profile http://beta-ideas.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Adventure Story Time!!!   

Back to top Go down
 
Adventure Story Time!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Unforgettable
» Story Time with JOHN ;D
» The Poketopia Adventure! (Story)
» Adventure Time
» The End of Time...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beta Ideas Forum :: The Inn :: The Gold Dragon Inn-
Jump to: